Saturday, March 24, 2007

NCAA Tournament



Tim Floyd did an amazing job with the USC men’s basketball team this season. The players and coaches have nothing to be ashamed of. Southern Cal’s team was not expected to go this far, and they nearly upset the number one seeded North Carolina. SC has a young team that could be stacked next season if the junior starters stick around for their final year. Not to mention freshman Taj Gibson will be even better next season. I expect USC to be a very competitive team next season.
UCLA, southern California’s remaining team will be playing a tough match up tonight against a tough Kansas team. I would like to see the UCLA upset but they will have their hands full this evening. If they are going to win we will need to see great games from their stars Afflalo, Shipp, and Collison. Mistakes will kill UCLA with their average 12 turnovers a game. Rebounding and free throws will be keys to their victory tonight.

5 comments:

Curt said...

Well the Bruins made it through even with 24 turnovers. Afflalo did have a big game, and so did Collison, but I think it was the team effort on defense that saved them. It has been agonizing to see some of their games because they have been relatively ineffective on offense but thankfully their trapping defense forces a lot of turnovers and poor shot selection. I think the Bruins are terrific defensively in the paint but I worry how they would handle a dominant big man, such as Greg Oden. I predict UCLA will make it to the Finals but won't take home the trophy.

Jeff Keys said...

I agree with you. I think they can get to the finals. Winning it is possible, but I think you are right when you talk about a big man being able to find the holes in the UCLA D.

Joey said...

I don't mean to spam comment on your blog, but would you be interested in writing for SoCal Sports Blog. Just send me an e-mail at jklakerfan@sbcglobal.net

Curt said...

I think this guy must be your long lost twin. He even has your same initials.

Lauren Cameron said...

Great stuff Jeff. Keep it up! Love you!