Friday, March 23, 2007

In the Midst of Greatness



Kobe Bryant is performing at a higher level than any player I have ever seen. I’ve seen Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilkins, Malone, Iverson, and many others since I can remember watching basketball. None of which have been as impressive as Kobe Bryant is right now. What is even more amazing about Bryant is that this is expected. Kobe has been playing at such a high level for the majority of his career, that these last three nights have not even shocked me. I watch his games, marvel at his abilities and turn off the TV as if it was a re-run. Simply put, I have seen it before, and I know I will see it again. We are so lucky to live in Los Angeles and have the privilege to watch KB play night in and night out.
Don’t get me wrong, it is such a thrill to watch Bryant take over the game and dominate every aspect of the other team offensively and defensively. It is great watching him take three point shots from the parking lot. When he is on fire, there is nothing more exciting in the world to watch. He is the ultimate entertainer and the best basketball player alive. It is just something that I have come to expect. Kobe’s greatness is something I expect, because he is so amazing! Take a look at the chart from ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270322029 )…Kobe’s name among some elite company in the history books. I expected this!

No comments: