Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Summer to Remember

Good things come in 3’s…so the saying goes. 1) World Champions, 2) Ron Artest, 3) Lamar Odom.

As a result of the Boston’s slaughtering of the Lakers in 2008, I was plagued with Shaq’s rap ringing in my ears, “last week Kobe couldn’t do wit out me!...Hey Kobe, tell me how my ass taste!” This June, Kobe cleared his name! The much anticipated and long awaited championship by the Lakers this June was a great start to a great off season.

About a 3 weeks later while on vacation in Mexico, my trip was enhanced with the great news that Ron Artest would sport the purple and gold. Instantly I smiled, then thought about the loss of a great team player, Trevor Ariza, which was quickly followed by hope that the Lakers would reel in Lamar Odom.

Happily the Lakers pulled the trigger and sealed our fate - A few more years of Championship glory! This has indeed been a summer to remember which will surely segue into a dynasty to remember. I'm looking forward to a great 50th season for the Los Angeles Lakers.

2 comments:

Curt said...

Glad to see you're blogging again, Jeff. I'm excited but nervous about Artest. He's got a bad history but you know he can play and he adds a toughness on defense that the Lakers could use. It will be fun to watch...

Jeff Keys said...

Hopefully we can catch some games Curtis!